Wednesday, March 28, 2012

March Calendar Girls challenge

Hi Friends!

Our hostess this month is April, and her challenge was very creative and I loved it!

 This is how she explained to us....

Our March Theme
And now the moment you have been waiting for.....

Drum roll, please.....

This month's challenge:
{In another thread, we were talking about what kind of challenges we like best and that is where I got this idea}
I want you to make a birthday card based on your date of birth.
I would love you to use two parts of your birthdate and use the corresponding color and sketch challenges available on the forums.
So, my birthday is 3-8-67.....either 3, 8, or 67 would be the
color challenge and either of the two remaining would be the sketch challenge.
My choices could be: 3/8, 3/67, 8/67; or the reverse of these combos for color/sketch or sketch/color.....


Clear as mud, right?? Use two parts of your birthdate and the corresponding challenge to make a birthday card!

April
"Our Miss March"


Using my birth date I choose color challenge 62, and sketch challenge 12. Since my month and date are the same, my combination was easy to choose.

Required colors were Bashful Blue, Chocolate chip, Close to cocoa.
I matched as best as possible, and added a some yellow.

Stickles in the center of the flower.


Thanks for visiting today!

9 comments:

  1. What a perfect card for this challenge!

    I love the single daffodil bulb greeting us! Lucky you to find paper to match your challenge. Next time I think of something I should check my choices before telling everyone my idea....lol

    Thanks for taking my challenge and I adore being a CG with you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michelle, this card is a beautiful spring-type card! Love that flower!!! The soft colors are fantastic! And I think the way you rounded the layer paper but not the cardbase is amazing! I should try that some time!

    I'm so glad you're a Calendar Girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful spring card. love the pearls :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, I had to laugh. I never thought if you had the same month and day! LOL Yep, easy peasy for you!!!

    I so like this layout and you picked the perfect image to work it. The image colors go naturally with the challenge colors.

    You rocked this one, Missy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh this is just a beauty! Love this image - how gorgeous! You've colored it so nice - the soft subtle colors to match the colors of your card, paper - beautifully done, Michelle!
    Big hugs!
    x0x0

    ReplyDelete
  6. This card is just so pretty! I love the image and the colors sure do bring warm thoughts! I think #12 is your lucky number!

    Thanks for being a special part of this fun group!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness Michelle, this is a stunner. I love that stamp and the layout along with the colors..You outdid yourself with this card...absolutely beautiful...wow.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Michelle....your card is so soft, subtle and pretty! I really love the way you put everything together on this one!

    Thank you for being a part of this wonderful group of ladies! Can't wait to see what you come up with for next month!!

    ♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a sweet,pretty, fresh *& crisp looking spring card!!
    beautiful layout Michelle and your image is certainly an ode to spring ♥ Love your soft colors and how U cleverly added the tiny pearls in between each scallop edge...
    veryyyy nicely done!♥

    ReplyDelete